Monday, August 28, 2006

Day two...

It rained last night.When I say rain I mean it was as if someone tipped the contents of th Thames over my tent from a great height. At least that's what it sounded like from inside the tent. Eventually the torrent subsided, only to be replaced by the dulcettones of a fellow camper snoring for England. I'm not sure what time it when I finally dropped off but come 6.30 am I was wide awake.

Had to wait around for the camp site shop to open at 8.30 so I could book someadditional nights.

Eventually headed off site at 9.00 to gather supplies... Let's hear it for sainsburies.

Spent the afternoon sitting in a field painting. I'm a studio watercolourist at heart but I always feel I should spend at least some time out in the field like a real painter. The only thing is, it's just not nice. It's windy, you get stiff from sitting in the same position for ages, it's just not like the studio. Anyway, got a half decent picture, but then I'm never happy with field results, I just can't give it the level of concentration the painting deserves.

Just returned from a short walk in the dark around the campsite, I was, believe it or not, searching unsuccessfully for better G3 reception as the connection on the campsite sucks.

Ah well, it's almost time to settle down for Murphy's Law....

Tomorrow's main objectives. Take photos, watch sun set from top of the Tor.

I'll blog images!

No comments: