Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Open source intranet anyone...?

I think I may have just found the answers to my prayers. I'm tasked
with developing an intranet/extranet for our company and also with
bringing the development and maintainence of our company website in
house.

I have been looking at various products over the last few months and
in the main those that fit the bill have had fairly large cost
implications (we're not a huge company). I looked at open source
products too but they were in the main either too intensive for our
limited number of IT staff to install and maintain or they were simply
not up to the job.... until last night, when at some ungodly hour I
stumbled upon Metadot. I installed it on my laptop in under 2 minutes
and I'm just printing out the manual now... I'll let you know how I
get on.

1 comment:

Rich. said...

As an upadte to this it transpires that Metadot isn't quite up to my requirements (although it IS a very fine application)